Last updated: January 5, 2022
Your Safety is Important
Northern Green and the Minneapolis Convention Center are working together to create a safe meeting environment for conference attendees. The responsibility of this safe meeting environment is shared amongst us all.
Northern Green Actions to Support the Conference
- Northern Green will follow required state, local, and venue requirements at the time of the event to reduce the risk of contracting/spreading COVID-19.
- On January 6, 2022, Mayor Jacob Frey signed emergency regulation No. 2022-1 reinstating the Minneapolis city-wide mask policy, which requires patrons, employees, and visitors wear a mask in businesses and places of public accommodation. Therefore, masks will be required at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Updates will be provided on this page if new information is obtained.
- Northern Green will have some disposable masks available onsite, for anyone who needs one, or you are welcome to bring your own.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available in common areas.
- In order to reduce touchpoints, a conference app is provided. While a printed onsite guide will be available, please consider downloading the app as your conference guide.
- During breaks and overnight, the Minneapolis Convention Center will be cleaning meeting spaces, details can be found below on current procedures.
- Post-Event: If there is any known exposure at the conference, we will inform conference attendees as soon as possible.
Personal Actions Supporting the Collective Wellbeing
- Before Leaving Home
- Before leaving to attend the event evaluate your health with a COVID19 Health Check.
- COVID19 Health Check: Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48 hours? If yes, please get a COVID19 test prior to attendance. Upon a negative result, you are welcome to join the conference.
- Fever or Chills
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Muscle or Body Aches
- Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
- Have you been tested or diagnosed recently with COVID19? If you have a negative test, you are welcome to join the conference. If you have a positive test within the past 14 days or pending test, please stay home.
- Have you had known exposure to COVID19 in the past 14 days? If you are fully vaccinated, per CDC guidelines you are not required to test unless you have symptoms. If you are not vaccinated and have had a COVID19 exposure within 14 days, please get a COVID19 test prior to attendance. Upon a negative result, you are welcome to join the conference.
- On-site During the Event
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based sanitizer frequently.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing.
- Maintain space between conference attendees as much as possible.
- If you test positive for COVID19 up to 14 days after the conference, please contact Northern Green immediately by emailing email@example.com. Confidentiality will be maintained upon notification.
What to Expect On-Site?
- Northern Green will provide alcohol-based sanitizer at registration and in common areas.
- Meeting rooms will be cleaned at breaks and during evening hours.
Minneapolis Convention Center sanitation standards
The Minneapolis Convention Center (MCC) has obtained the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) Star Accreditation. The GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation Program is performance-based and designed to help facilities establish a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention for staff and venues.
To achieve GBAC STAR accreditation, the MCC was required to demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 core elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment and emergency preparedness and response measures. Learn more about GBAC STAR accreditation at www.gbac.org.
- The MCC has increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting with EPA-approved disinfectants in all public and private spaces with an emphasis on high touchpoint areas and has incorporated new technology such as Electrostatic Disinfecting Machines.
- The majority of all meeting rooms are equipped with Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization which works by safely introducing ions into the airflow, combining with particles in the air such as viruses, bacteria, odors, and other airborne particles, and then eliminating or neutralizing them. All of our spaces are flushed with outside air before and after use. Engineers monitor all occupied spaces and maximize the use of outside air.
- The MCC has implemented a multi-layered approach to manage the health and safety of our team members and guests, requiring daily self-screening, masking, and weekly testing and/or vaccination for all MCC employees.
Safety Tips from the Minneapolis Convention Center
While visiting and attending an event at the MCC, we’d like to share some safety reminders. If you need emergency assistance or want to report suspicious activity during your visit, you can contact our Command Center at 612-335-6040. We encourage guests to save this number in their cell phone. Security escorts are available to the 3rd Avenue and Plaza parking ramps. Contact our Command Center for service.