Now accepting proposals for Northern Green 2021, January 12-14 at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
(Note that this is NOT for the January 2020 event.)
Northern Green is the premier green industry event in the north central region. This annual conference offers innovative and timely information presented by knowledgeable speakers. The presentations cover an array of topics to meet the broad interests of a diverse group of green industry attendees.
Northern Green 2021 will include outstanding keynote presentations, concurrent education sessions on a variety of current industry topics, informal demonstrations/sessions, networking opportunities, and a full trade show of exhibitors demonstrating the best the industry has to offer.
If you are a professional speaker, an educator, or industry professional with a passion for presenting – this is an opportunity to share your expertise and tap your creativity by developing an original program for presentation.
- A Full-Day Workshop/Master Class – A day-long program devoted to a specific topic or track. These take place in a classroom setting.
- 50-60 minute sessions – Our educational sessions are ideal for short bites of specific information in a high impact style. These take place in a classroom setting.
- 20-30 minute sessions – These informal education-on-the-go seminars take place in Campfire areas located on the trade show floor and are best for showcasing an idea or demonstrating a technique/process.
- 20-30 minute sessions on the Innovation Theater Stage on the trade show floor. The Innovation Theater features a 40 x 20 large format screen, and the area has seating for about 200. This format is perfect venue for highlighting new and innovative ideas, and eye-catching photos.
Make the Most of Your Education Program Proposal
- Make it compelling
- Make it new and innovative
- Challenge yourself
- Make it interactive
Things Potential Presenters Should Know
- Our attendees expect cutting edge education. Challenge the green industry community.
- Do not flaunt your ego; be vulnerable, speak of failure as well as success.
- Do NOT sell from the stage. (Not your company, goods, writings, or consulting services – you risk irritating your audience and undermining your credibility.)
- Do not depend on handouts. (We post handouts online and in our mobile app for participants to download, but if you depend on and refer to handouts, you will be disappointed and so will your audience…update your presentation style accordingly.)
- All proposals must be submitted online (no exceptions).
- All proposals must be complete.
- You may submit a maximum of 5 proposals per speaker.
- Submission of a completed proposal does not guarantee the submitter or presenter a speaking slot at Northern Green.
- We have a list of industry segments (by percentage) who attend the Northern Green…read more here.
- Learning levels are diverse and range from entry-level to mid-level/practical to high-level/theoretical.
- Audience size can range from 30 – 300 attendees per session.
- Sessions MAY NOT include sales, commercialism, or production promotion of any kind!
Deadline to submit your proposal: January 1, 2020
- Everyone who would like to present at the 2021 Northern Green must submit a proposal using the link below.
Proposals will be reviewed by a planning committee of industry professionals. Speakers who are chosen to present will receive an email notification in April 2020.Susan Flynn or call 651-633-4987.