Guidelines and Registration Information
2017 Northern Green | January 11-12, 2017
Minneapolis Convention Center
Looking to challenge yourself or your employees? Are you the best in the business? You are invited to enter a team for the first ever Northern Green Hardscape Challenge and compete for the title of 2017 Master of the Hardscape Challenge AND a $750 cash prize!
Register NOW as the challenge is limited to the first 10 teams to register.
- Each team consists of a maximum of 3 members, plus 1 alternate.
- Registration fee of $100 covers the entire team for the Hardscape Challenge. In addition, a trade show pass is also required for each team member (The member price is $35 per person) and can be obtained through online registration for Northern Green.
- Contest will take place in The Sandbox area in the back of the 1800 aisle on the trade show floor.
- Each team member is required to wear steel toed boots and provide their own ear and eye protection.
- All building materials to be used in the construction will be provided and placed in the contest area.
- The following tools will be supplied for each team: A plate compactor, dustless saw, paver square, trowel, hammer, screed boards, screed pipes, wheel barrow, 5 gallon pails, round shovel, flat shovel, broom, rubber mallets, and paver adjusters.
- During the initial round, each team will have 60 minutes to construct a paver pattern and seat wall as detailed in a design document which will be sent to your team’s primary contact via e-mail in advance of the show.
- During the initial round, each team’s score will be established based on completeness, compliance to the plan, safety, quality, cleanliness, and craftsmanship. All judges scores from the round will be totaled for a final team score for the round.
- Between the rounds, each construction area will be cleared by the competing team and returned to starting condition.
- The teams with the 2 highest scores will move on to Thursday’s championship final.
- During the championship round, each team will have 90 minutes to construct something of their choosing based on materials provided using their own creative license.
- The winner is determined by a professional panel of industry judges.
- Award presentation will take place after the championship round. The winner will be recognized and promoted in local industry publications.