Looking for continuing education units (CEUs) for your industry certification or license? Check back here before Northern Green to find out which sessions may apply.
International Society of Arboriculture CEUs
Check back here for a list of CEUs available at Northern Green 2018.
Irrigation Association Recertification
These courses at Northern Green may qualify for re-certification based on the activities and requirements listed on the IA website.
Wednesday, January 3
- It’s a Brave New World… Again!, Parry Webb | 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | 101 CDE
- A Not So Sustainable Landscape, Parry Webb | 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | 101 CDE
Thursday, January 4
- Interactive Track: The Soil/Water Equation – Understanding the Basics and Education Your Customers | 101 AB
- Trees as a Stormwater Management Tool, Randy Neprash | 9:05 a.m. – 10:05 a.m. | 101 CDE
Minnesota Nursery & Landscape Association Certified Professionals (MNLA-CP)
Every full concurrent session at Northern Green qualifies for 1 MNLA-CP recertification point. Each shorter trade floor session in the Campfires and Theater are worth .5 points toward recertification.
You can pick up a recertification card at MNLA Member Central.
National Concrete Masonry Association
The National Concrete Masonry Association has implemented a recertification process for those who hold the Certified Segmental Retaining Wall Installer Level 1 Certification. If you hold this certification, you must recertify every 2 years. Each candidate is responsible for maintaining their own record of activities when applying for recertification. In order to recertify, you must complete at least 4 hours of continuing education each 2 year period.
These courses at Northern Green may qualify for NCMA SRW Level 1 recertification:
Wednesday, January 3
- Why Pavers are Your Best Choice, Bill Gardocki | 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. | Room 200 ABC
- YouTube your Landscape/Hardscape Business, Tom Gardocki | 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Room 200 ABC
Thursday, January 4
- Gas Fire Features in the Landscape: Planning is Everything, Ben Geffre | 8:00 a.m. – 8:50 a.m. | Auditorium 1
- A Water Feature for Everyone, Bill Osmundson | 9:05 a.m. – 10:05 a.m. | Auditorium 1
- MN State Building Code, Municipal Regulations & Difficult Sites | Roger Axel | 2:30 p.m. – 3:20 p.m. | Auditorium 1
MDA Pesticide Recertification
Category A & E (Core & Turf and Ornamentals)
There will be a Pesticide Recertification track offered as a Master Class on Tuesday, January 2 at Northern Green. This course begins at 9:15 a.m. and will end at approximately 3:30 p.m.
Category F (Aquatics)
Northern Green is offering a Category F session as a Master Class on Tuesday, January 2 from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. In order for licensed applicators to get credit for Category F – Aquatics, they must also attend Category A & E Recertification from 9:15 – 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
Category P (Vertebrates)
Northern Green is offering a Category P session as a Master Class on Tuesday, January 2 from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. In order for licensed applicators to get credit for Category F – Aquatics, they must also attend Category A & E Recertification from 9:15 – 3:30 p.m. on Tuesday.
Category A and E: By attending the Pesticide Recertification workshop at the Northern Green on Tuesday, January 2, you are completing the recertification requirements in Categories A – Core and E – Turf and Ornamentals. This workshop has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA). Licensed applicators with Categories A and E who last attended a recertification workshop in 2016, and new-licensed pesticide applicators in 2017, must attend an MDA-approved workshop by 12/31/2018. By attending the Pesticide Recertification track and completing the on-site attendance documentation, applicators will obtain recertification credit.
The morning and afternoon start with general sessions that are required for all recertifying applicators. There are also breakout sessions where participants can choose sessions of interest. Applicators must attend the entire Pesticide Recertification track to obtain MDA recertification credit. Attendance will be monitored. The MDA reserves the right to deny recertification credit to participants who arrive later than 30 minutes after the start of the program or who are absent during substantial portions of the program. Workshop participants should bring license and photo identification cards to the workshop.
Power Limited Technician Relicensure
Northern Green will feature opportunities to obtain relicensure hours towards the Dept. of Labor and Industry Power Limited Technician License.
The Tuesday Master Class is recognized by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry as satisfying eight hours of continuing education requirements for the Power Limited Training Licensure, including 2 hours of code, and 6 hours of technical training.
- Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Design and Technology – PLT Relicensure. (DOLI Course #20170641)
Continuing Education – Landscape Architects
The Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design (AELSLAGID) does not pre-approve any courses or activities for continuing education. It is up to each licensee or certificate holder to become familiar with the statutory requirements and to determine for themselves whether or not a particular course or activity meets those requirements.
Several Northern Green seminars may meet the continuing education requirements outlined in MN Statute 326.107. Final discretion is up to the Board. Click here to download the AELSLAGID Continuing Education Assessment Form to assist you in determining which courses or activities will meet the statutory requirements.
Visit http://www.aelslagid.state.mn.us/conted.html to learn more about AELSLAGID continuing education requirements.
Certified Treecare Safety Professional CEUs
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
- Tree Climbing Demonstration | Rebecca Siebel Hunt, Bartlett Tree Experts | 11:15 AM – 1:45 AM | Climber’s Corner
- Tree Climbing Demonstration | Rebecca Siebel Hunt, Bartlett Tree Experts | 1:15 PM – 1:45 PM | Climber’s Corner
- Safety is More Than Alphabet Soup | Tom Dunlap, Walkers in the Trees | 4:15 PM – 5:15 PM | Auditorium 2
Thursday, January 4, 2018
- Tree Climbing Demonstration | Rebecca Siebel Hunt, Bartlett Tree Experts | 12:15 PM – 12:45 PM | Climber’s Corner
- Tree Risk Assessment and the Use of Drones in Arboriculture | Dr. Tom Smiley | 9:05 AM – 10:05 AM | Auditorium 2
Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD) CEUs
Visit https://www.apld.org/certification/ to learn more about APLD continuing education requirements. Check back here for a list of CEUs available at Northern Green 2018.
Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA) CEUs
GCSAA Approved Education Points available at Northern Green 2018 (Copies of the Approval Code Notice attendance sheets to submit to GCSAA will be available at the MGCSA Booth at the end of the each of the programs listed below.):
January 2, 2018
- Low Voltage Landscape Lighting Design & Technology = 0.80 points
- Pesticide Recertification = 0.70 points
- Revolution in Planting Design = 0.55 points
- Urban Turfgrass: Benefits, Management, Environmental Issues = 0.55 points
- The Great Game of Business & The Great Game of Landscaping = 0.50 points
January 3, 2018
- 2018 Northern Green – Day 1 = 0.60 points
January 4, 2018
- 2018 Northern Green – Day 2 = 0.45 points