Be sure and visit Expo’s “campfire” spaces on the trade show floor. These hubs for gathering and learning will include hosted discussions, Q & A with your favorite speakers, trade show floor walkabouts, demonstrations, featured project displays, and peer networking meetings.
- 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. Landscape Contractor/Hardscape Contractor Networking Group Meeting
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m. Nursery Networking Group Meeting
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Cankers and Other Stress-Related Tree Diseases with Michelle Grabowski, University of Minnesota
- 1:45 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. Professional Gardening Networking Group Meeting with special guest Roy Diblik
- 2:30 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. Tool Update/Walkabout with Bill Gardocki, Interstate Landscape Inc.
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Small Engine Maintenance Demo with Steve Hagen, Midwest Stihl, Inc.
- 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. Pruning Demonstration with Ed Gilman, University of Florida
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Hardscape Restoration with Rob Johnson, The Paver Doctor
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Garden Center Networking Group Meeting with special guest Jeff Korhan, Media First Marketing
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Arborist/Tree Care Networking Group Meeting with special guest Ed Gilman, University of Florida
- 1:15 p.m. – 1:45 p.m. Top Ten Perennials for Northern Landscapes with Mike Heger, Ambergate Horticultural Consulting
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Turfgrass Identification with Matt Cavanaugh, University of Minnesota
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Introduction to Plant Elements of Design v2.0 with Julie Weisenhorn, University of Minnesota.
- 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m. Collecting as a Subcontractor with Bryan Zlimen, Zlimen & McGuiness, PLLC
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Flower Grower Networking Group Meeting with special guest Lloyd Traven, Peace Tree Farm
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Calibration Demonstration with Sam Bauer, University of Minnesota
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. MNLA Foundation Research Update: Determination of Residue in Flowers and Leaves from imidacloprid, dinotefuran, and pymetrozine use in GH Pots with Vera Krischik, University of Minnesota
Generously supported by:
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. MTGF Speaker Spotlight with Rick Latin, Purdue University
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. MTGF Speaker Spotlight with Josh Friell, The Toro Company
- 12:45 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. Invasive Species/Noxious Weed Status Update with Tim Power and Jim Calkins, MNLA
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Biodiesel and Your Diesel Engine with Twin Cities Clean Cities Coalition and Hoon Ge, MEG Corp.
- 2:15 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. MTGF Speaker Spotlight with Micah Woods, Asian Turfgrass Center
- 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. MNLA Foundation Research Update: University of Minnesota Cultivar Trials of Annual Bedding Plants with Steve Poppe, University of Minnesota- Morris
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Labeling Laws Regarding Pollinators & Hardiness Q&A with MDA
- 10:45 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. Traditional Garden Center Alternatives Q&A with Garden Center Panel
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Gertens – Mulches and Soils – We Know What Makes Plants Grow with Gertens Wholesale & Professional Turf Supply
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. MTGF Speaker Spotlight with Steve Keeley, Kansas State University
- 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Concrete Casting and Staining Demonstration with Chris Becker, Anchor Wall Systems
- 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. OSHA, Does that include me? with Lee Craig, MNOSHA
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. MNLA Certification Exam: Test Yourself! with MNLA Certification Task Team
- 4:15 p.m. – 4:45 p.m. LD Networking Group Meeting with special guest Rebecca Cole, Rebecca Cole GROW
- 10:15 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. MTGF Speaker Spotlight with Jim Skorulski, USGA
- 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. How to Leverage the Web to Generate Leads with Joel Spies, Rainbow Companies
- 12:15 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. MTGF Speaker Spotlight with Doug Soldat, University of Wisconsin
Back of 1700 Aisle
- Wednesday, 11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.
- Thursday, 3:45 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
- Friday, 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
DISCLAIMER: Although every reasonable effort is made to provide the speakers, topics, and sessions listed, some changes or substitutions may occur. Speakers and sessions are subject to cancellation or change up to and including the day the session(s) are scheduled to be held. Changes or cancellations are made at the discretion of MNLA/MTGF and may be done without notifying attendees. If sessions are changed or cancelled no refunds should be expected. Submission of the registration form acknowledges acceptance of this provision.